Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala

You read right! I even think we like this marsala better than my stove top version - which is SO much more labor intensive. I would bet you could use some cheap pork cuts just as effectively for a faux veal marsala!!!

8 chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
8 oz sliced white mushrooms
12 oz mushroom gravy (yep, I used canned, Campbells actually, used a can and a half)
1 cup marsala wine
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp (1 clove) minced garlic

Put everything in the crock pot and cook on low 7-8 hrs.

If you want to be a snob like me and have good presentation...buy the already boned & skinned thighs (my butcher packages them sort of rolled up & pretty). Freeze them for a few hours to make them tight but not really frozen. Put these in the bottom of your crock pot in one layer, dump everything on top and DO NOT STIR. When the cooking is done, carefully lift them out with a large spoon and they'll stay together. Looks nice =)

I serve marsala over garlic mashed potatoes with rolls. Sprinkle with dried parsley before serving.

No comments: